It's strongly recommended to get the latest drivers for your hardware before playing Girlvania. While your hardware may meet the
, using outdated drivers may prevent Girlvania from working properly.
Drivers are software provided to you by the manufacturer of your hardware that let other programs know how the hardware works. The most important ones for 3D graphics programs are the video drivers.
You can get the drivers for the main video hardware manufacturers from their websites. If you want to know your Operating System, video card name and manufacturer:
- Run the "DirectX Diagnostic Tool":
- Click on the Windows "Start" button and either click on the "Search" field or choose "Run" depending on which shows up on your menu.
- In that box, type "dxdiag" and press the enter key. You can choose "No" when you are asked if you want DirectX to gather additional "WHQL" related info.
- The tool will start on the System tab. Check the System Information box for the Operating System
- Switch to the Display tab. In the upper left corner is a box named Device. The first three lines are the Name, Manufacturer, and Chip Type of your video hardware.
- Click "Exit" in the lower right hand corner of the window to close the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
We assume no responsibility for the effects that changing the drivers for your hardware may have on your system. It is your responsibility to follow the instructions provided by the hardware manufacturer to ensure the proper installation of updated drivers.